Sunday, November 13, 2011

Egg Whores...The Final Chapter

Who Gets the Eggs?


There is really not much I can add to the thread linked above from Ifish.net. It offers an insight into the greed, pettiness and over all stupidity that often comes with the use of salmon eggs. Read it and come to your own conclusion.


I used roe for bait at one time and I know how the lure of an easy catch made me feel. I would love to see the use of salmon eggs for bait restricted especially in streams with wild salmon and steelhead populations.
You have to admit it though. These bait guys are an entertaining lot aren't they? When I catch a hatchery winter steelhead and gut it on the stream bank to (legally?) toss the offal back into the water for stream nutrients the eggs go back in the river too!

No comments:

Post a Comment