Tuesday, January 28, 2014

The Quiet Pool

 
When I started this blog back in 2006 my intent was to have a place to reflect on my life as a fly fisherman. I started out with good intent but drifted more and more into the politics of freshwater fisheries and commentary on the poor state we find these fisheries to be in. As it got worse the angrier I became and called out a lot of people who I felt and still feel are a big part of the problem.
I want to say that I do not regret anything I've said on this blog over the years and stand by everything I've said here. I would not change a single post on this blog.
The thing is this blog is named "The Quiet Pool" for a reason and I am steering this blog back into the more serene aspects of my life with a fly rod. There are plenty of blogs like Osprey Steelhead News to get pertinent conservation news about what is going on up here in the Pacific Northwest. I will continue to be active in conservation and wild fish issues.
Don't think for a minute that my heart is not still with wild fish because it is and as strong as ever but I think I want this blog to be what it was meant to be.
I hope that in the 7+ years I have written this blog that some of you have benefited from it's content and I hope for your continued support. Remember that the future of our wild, cold water fisheries depend on each of us.
See you on the river friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment