Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Hatchery Smolt City...With Apologies to Jan and Dean

Wild Steelhead Smolt



HATCHERY SMOLT CITY (Sung to the tune of Surf City)

I got a 9 foot graphite 4 weight and I call my Burkie

Hatchery Smolt City here I come

I cast my fly into the riffle and the line starts gettinn' jerky

Hatchery Smolt City here I come

Well it's not a cutthroat trout or a wild rainbow so it's off to another coastal river I gooooo!

Well I'm going to hatchery smolt city where it's one to one
I'm going to hatchery smolt city but it's sure not fun
Yeah I'm stuck in hatchery smolt city where it's one to one
I'm here in pellet head city where wild cutthroat trout used to run

ONE HATCHERY SMOLT ON EVERY CAST


The rivers are full of salmon and steelhead smolt. Please handle all wild smolt carefully and pinch your barbs. Please crush the heads of all hatchery smolt, adipose fin clipped, like the vermin they are as you release them back into the river. You'll be doing all wild salmon, steelhead and trout a favor.

No comments:

Post a Comment